Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden
- CardYou must show your JustRewards card on arrival
- Mobile paymentYou must telephone book in advance and mention JustRewards
- 2 FOR 1 2 FOR 1
- MonThe JustRewards Card can be used on Mondays
- TueThe JustRewards Card can be used on Tuesdays
- WedThe JustRewards Card can be used on Wednesdays
- ThuThe JustRewards Card can be used on Thursdays
- FriThe JustRewards Card can be used on Fridays
- SatThe JustRewards Card can be used on Saturdays
- SunThe JustRewards Card can be used on Sundays
- Print this page
This Botanical Garden was founded in 1982, but has been a popular venue for outings since the 1800’s. The Garden has been voted the best place to get back to nature in Gauteng for 9 years in a row.
The natural vegetation of the area is known as the ‘Rocky Highveld Grassland’ and consists of a mosaic of grassland and savanna, with dense bush in kloofs and along streams. The variety of habitats accommodates over 600 naturally occurring plant species.
A breeding pair of majestic Verreaux’s Eagles nest on the cliffs alongside the waterfall. The Garden is home to an abundance of wildlife with over 220 birds species recorded on site. There are also a number of reptiles and small mammals, including small antelope and jackals, which occur naturally in the Nature Reserve.
Buy 1 get 1 free applicable to the entrance fee to the garden.
Malcolm Road, Poortview, Roodepoort, 1724
031 880 1747