- CardYou must show your JustRewards card on arrival
- Mobile paymentYou must telephone book in advance and mention JustRewards
- 2 FOR 1 2 FOR 1
- MonThe JustRewards Card can be used on Mondays
- TueThe JustRewards Card can be used on Tuesdays
- WedThe JustRewards Card can be used on Wednesdays
- ThuThe JustRewards Card can be used on Thursdays
- FriThe JustRewards Card can be used on Fridays
- SatThe JustRewards Card can be used on Saturdays
- SunThe JustRewards Card can be used on Sundays
- Print this page
A cosy restaurant in the middle of the “township”, it is popular with both locals and tourists alike. In the suburb of Dube, some 15km from the Jo’burg city centre, it has become a mandatory stop on the route for virtually all Soweto tour operators
The restaurant has played host to such luminaries as Richard Branson, the CEO of Virgin Airlines, Evander Holyfield, Jesse Jackson, Quincy Jones and the All Blacks. For those who seek a touch of the exotic, the establishment serves indigenous cuisine in the form of dumplings mogodu, ting (soft porridge), pap and umqushu (samp). Meals are in the form of a buffet. The dishes includes mutton, lamb, beef or chicken – roasted or cooked.
Vegetarians are spoilt for choice, if salads are what they want. There are six on the menu, including coleslaw, French salad, beetroot, potato salad,tuna fish salad and chakalaka- a local hot salad made of tomatoes, baked beans, onion, chillies and green chillies.
When you get your bill you will see that you have received up to R100 off your cheaper main meal!
618 Makhalemele Street, Dube, Soweto, South Africa
031 880 1747